Câmara Municipal do Funchal
Praça do Município
Contact Center CMF
291 211 000
(every day from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.)
It is a set of the sixteenth century, which was destroyed in 1876 after the fall of a chestnut tree. In the same year, they started the construction of the current fountain, having been completed only in 1897. It was built by António Moreira Rato e Filhos and is protected by a canopy and white stone.