Babosas Chapel

The Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Conceição, popularly known as Capela das Babosas, was built in 1906, through some donations. Queen Amélia, after visiting Monte, had offered a silver stool and the Chapel was ready by the end of the year.

The new religious building has a similar architectural line to the old Babosas Chapel, destroyed by the flood of February 2010.

Address: Largo das Babosas, 9050 Funchal

Temporarily closed

Free Entry