Churches and Chapels

Babosas Chapel

The Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Conceição, popularly known as Capela das Babosas, was built in 1906, through some donations. Queen D. Amélia, after visiting Monte, had offered the silver stool and the Chapel was ready by the end of the year.

The new religious building has a similar architectural line to the old Babosas Chapel, destroyed by the flood of 20th of February 2010.

Address: Largo das Babosas, 9050 Funchal

Temporarily Closed

Entry: Free