Câmara Municipal do Funchal
Praça do Município
Contact Center CMF
291 211 000
(every day from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.)
The present Banger Pillar monument is the base of the old Pillar elevated in memory of John Light Banger in 1789, which was demolished in 1939. It was moved to its current site in 1990.
Its initial purpose was to transport goods by crane between boats and land, later it was used as a lookout for pirate ships.
Location: R. Dr. António José de Almeida 10, 9000-062 Funchal